Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Psyllium Husk Solutions

I love Psyllium Husk. I have had digestive problems and stomach pain for as long as I can remember.

Psyllium husk is a whole grain that absorbs waters as it goes right through your GI tract, and it brings all the poop out with it. Fast, clean and regular.

So, my problem is that if you mix it with water, it makes you gag. I never have juice in the house. If I buy juice, Tim and the girls will drink it till it is all gone. I really think that the husk is the answer to a lot of my problems. After I use it (for a day or two), my clothes fit better, and my stomach doesn't stick out. Crazy, but true.

Here are the problems:
Psyllium is not actually nutritious. So, it does a good work, but it does not add anything good to your body. This is a concern that the health food expert gave me. He was a smart dude, and he hates the husk.

Putting it is liquid makes me gag and throw it up.

I have to drink so much water when i take it, that I start to feel like I am going to float away.

It gets caught in my throat, and makes me feel like I am going to choke and die in the night.

I want to switch to ground flax seed, but I am scared it will not do the trick.

Solutions:
Add the husk to my morning oatmeal.
Mix it into Orange juice that I hide at work.
Sprinkle it on my toast.
Make a mixture of ground husk, flax and bran. (Buy a cheap coffee grinder at Wal-mart)
Add it to yogurt.
Keep taking Probiotics
Keep taking oils.
Ask the guy at the Health food store about those other products for IBS (aloe vera...)
Mix with cranberry juice.

1 comment:

  1. LAXMI SAT ISABGOL


    Beneift of Psyllium husk( SAT ISABGOL)
    Psyllium may help with weight loss control. Also see an effective appetite suppressant called Diet Rx with no side effects.
    Psyllium is a wonderful bulking fiber for constipation. Another benefit of psyllium husk is that it reduces fecal incontinence.
    Psyllium helps maintain healthy cholesterol and blood lipid levels. In 1998, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration authorized the use of a health claim in the labeling of foods and dietary supplements containing psyllium husk. The health claim states that diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include soluble fiber per day from psyllium may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol.
    Psyllium may help maintain healthy blood pressure.
    Psyllium added to a traditional diet for persons with type II diabetes is safe, well tolerated, and improves glycemic and lipid control.
    Psyllium reduces radiation-induced diarrhea.
    Psyllium could be helpful for hemorrhoids since it softens the stools.

    Psyllium fiber is best taken in a dose of 1 to 5 grams with a meal, particularly if the meal has a low fiber content. You can mix half a teaspoon or a teaspoon of psyllium fiber with a glass of water, once or twice a day. I also recommend drinking a glass of water in the morning when you wake up.

    MANUFACTURERS: GIRIRAJ ENTERPRISE, TELE: 02767-252214, 253788,FAX:252614
    150,HIGHWAY,NEAR WEIGH BRIDGE E.MAIL:giriraj81@gmail.com
    UNJHA-384 170 (N.GUJ.) INDIA
    AVAILABLE : 50 GMS BOX TO 500 GMS. BOX

    USE NATURAL PRODUCT FOR HEALTHY LIFE

    US FDA REG. NO: 18755915460
    D & B D-U-N-S NO. 6-759-42467
    AN ISO 9001:2008 COMPANY
    Reg.No. SCC/IN/QMS/1168

    ReplyDelete