Sunday, May 8, 2011

Breastfeeding Colon Cleanse (Juice Cleanse)

My Own Experience: Juice Cleansing For Breastfeeding Mothers

I will be the first to tell you that a good colon and internal systems cleanse is a great idea. However, I can also tell you that as a mother who is nursing a baby, colon cleansing is not an easy venture. Most colon cleanses are made with all kinds of herbs. But the possible danger to the baby is not only the unknown effects that herbs might have on the baby, but all of the toxins that can be sifted up as they are working their way out of the body. So I have been on a quest to find a cleansing method that is effective, yet gentle enough to do while breastfeeding my baby. The following is my conclusion.

I call this "Nursing Mama's Gentle Cleanse" The concept is not original. The other titles for this type of cleanse would be a "Juice Cleanse." However, I feel that my version has a few additions that make it easier to follow week to week. It is also created for a nursing mother's calorie requirements.

The guidelines are very simple:
  • Start the morning off with water and a fiber supplement such as Colonix Intestinal Cleanser or Metamucil (if you want to steer clear of herbs). Also, take your high quality vitamin supplements including an Omega 3 supplement.
  • Throughout the rest of the morning and afternoon snack on juices, water, rice cakes, and nuts. I suggest both fruit and vegetable juices. When I say Juice I mean 100% juice with NO added sugars whatsoever such as the brands NAKED, Odwalla, Dole 100% Juice, V8, etc. In order to fulfill your breastfeeding calorie needs you have to be consuming at least one serving of juice every hour.
  • By dinner time you will be ready for more substance then Juice. I recommend having soup for dinner. Vegetable soups with only a little bit of meat (if any) and no cream soups. And more water.
  • Close your day with another round of fiber supplement and water.

I noticed the effects of this cleanse within the first day of following these guidelines. I followed this for one week. I found that I enjoyed it so much that I followed it for another week. This is a good way to help the body regulate itself and be nourished as well. I felt my body cleansing itself of built up waist as well as added energy. I would recommend following this cleanse for two consecutive weeks and then alternating weeks as long as you feel the need. The nutrients that are found in fruits and vegetables are truly remarkable. I have added a few of the main ingredients that are included in many of the juice drinks that I use. This can give you a small glimpse of how these fruits and vegetable really work to cleanse your body as you drink them. All references are from http://www.whfoods.com/ (World's Healthiest Foods.)

No comments:

Post a Comment