Sunday, July 22, 2012

Raw Brownies

This recipe sounds a lot like the LARA bars I made yesterday with Dates (make sure to pit), Peanut butter, almonds, oats, flax, water and a dash of coconut oil. The bars taste like cookie dough to me. And it is amazing how sweet the dates/ figs -- make it taste. I bet if I added cocoa like in this recipe, it really would make a great chewy brownie. I prefer think of it as an energy bar -- as to not be grossing disappointed as any normal person would be when eating something called "A brownie."

Raw Brownies -- A Lara Bar Cousin

ingredients:
- 1  1/2 cups raw walnuts, unsoaked
- 10 pitted medjool dates, unsoaked
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries

directions:
-  1  1/4 cups walnuts into food processor and grind until fine
- add dates and grind until mixture sticks together
- add cocoa powder and vanilla and mix in food processor

No comments:

Post a Comment