Saturday, March 27, 2010

Jill's Butter Sauce

So, I follow a blog called Kipper's Snacks. I love because it is the classic recipes from a chef's family. They are simple and yummy. I trust kip.

I made his apple cake with butter sauce a few months ago, and we fell in love with the sauce. I started putting it all pancakes and french toast and wrapping it up as gifts for friends.

But the sauce was always just a little too buttery for pancakes. I made some adaptions for the sauce, and now it is much better for breakfast meals.

Jill's Butter Sauce

1 and 1/2 c. butter
1 can evaporated milk (about 1 and 1/2 cup)
1 and 1/4 c. sugar
1/4 to 1/2 c. pure maple syrup
3 T. honey
1/2 T. vanilla

Heat the butter, sugar and milk for 20 minutes, but don't let it get past a mild simmer. Mix in the maple syrup and honey. Add the vanilla.

Let the mixture cool a little and then serve. The honey might pool into little chunks of candy at the top at the sauce cools. You can pull these out and eat them, or you can just mix them back into the sauce. So yummy either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment